Wednesday, June 08, 2011

HIjab is my choice NOT a compulsion.

So, many people are raising questions asking me about my decision on becoming a hijabi. This is not out of the blue people, i just didn't talk about it. I have been wanting to and intended to be a hijabi since a long time now. Today is the day, and i thank Allah for giving me the courage finally. I know people will judge me, call me a hypocrite or poke fun at me. I dont want to argue but i will try my best to put sense in them. Better late then never right? With that thought i want to share few ideas with you all. I want to share my story and opinion.

A very important person in my life lectured me on Islam and about hijab. Obviously, he told me things i already knew but only difference was i never applied those in my life before. He said something very touchy, " A Muslim woman should be recognized by her attire and behavior". After a talking session with him, i changed my mind completely. I just decided to be covered up and put on a hijab.I decided to remove my guy friends and all my pictures from facebook. It may sound unfair to some of you. But i had to do things the way i felt comfortable and satisfied. InshAllah, i dont change and stay that way. So, pray for me everyone. :)

Opinion: Many people (especially the girls who don't wear hijab) regularly say similar to: "i know a lot of girls wear it because of their parents so just because theirs a veil does not mean shes religious but its a good indicator."I say, at least she is humble enough to obey her parents in that case. And being humble is a good sign for a girl being a potential good wife. Also it shows her parents care enough about Islam to guide her daughter to wear it . In other words, she is doing something pious - whatever excuse is given for or against so , do not judge her.
Another thing is when you pray to Allah , whether you do your five salaah, or be a hijabi. Try, to practice it all from heart because you fear Allah and to please Allah and not the world. This duniya is for few days the real life begins after death. So, why not take advantage of the chances we are given in this lifetime to follow life according to the Holy book of Quran. I regret not being fully covered up all these years, regret it all. You can always ask for forgiveness but remember when you ask for forgiveness , you have to make promises to Allah to never go down that lane of haram activities again. And inshAllah, Allah (saw) will accept our prayers.
When i started to wear hijab, the feeling in my heart was sensational. I felt complete.I felt beautiful. I wear my hijab because i want to keep Allah happy. I want to try to accomplish my purposes of this life by following the right path of Islam. I wear it to be protected from the evil eyes. I wear it so everyday i am reminded to be a better muslim. These reasons are strong enough to build up and strengthen your Imaan and strong enough if your heart wants to agree with everything i said.

InshAllah, those who don't wear hijab will start someday. Those who wear it will never take it off including me. Those who judge others will stop judging or point any fingers. Everyone is in a battle with themselves no one asked your opinion to judge them. So DON'T! Let them live their life according to their wishes and you live yours. You can always tell your Muslim brother or sister to be on the right path. Never force anyone just tell 'em the ways. It is up to them whether to apply it to their life or not.

BONUS: Hijab is beautiful if you can put it on nicely and present yourself confidently. Be comfortable and do not care about what ppl say. Do it for the right purpose not to please somebody or to show off or even worse, feel proud about it. Swallow your pride it doesn't benefit you in anyway. Khuda Hafiz.

3 comments:

  1. awesome post, so inspired.. Inshaallah you'll be able to keep this on n will inspire others, including me, to finally be able to do this too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ---mashallah!!! you have guts! i'm very proud of you! i'll pray that you stay on this path. One day i will have the courage to do that same =)

    ReplyDelete