Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Joy Of Cooking

I am back to writing and this time I decided to write about cooking from my experience. Cooking is definitely an art and I believe your cooking will not come out right if you don't cook from heart. Mix the ingredients with love, mix them with the desire to eat because you are feeling like a hungry monster. When you mix your ingredients , do it from heart . Think about how you want your dish to come out. Experience cooking with the real joy and pleasure and only then your cooking skills will be accomplished.

There are few rules to follow when cooking and few things you can do to enjoy the session. Now, notice how this is not coming from a perfect professional but from my own experiences.

You could cook anything and any dish whether it is desserts, appetizers, or main courses but, keep in mind to not get impatient with the cooking process. If you follow recipe from internet please, follow the exact process. If the recipe is followed from a book, use you logic. Sometimes the recipe books leave out some ingredients and detailed process of cooking .In that case, you should think of what is missing in an ingredient or what you could add to complete the recipe. Lastly, the recipe that is followed on TV, follow the ingredients and do as told. However, keep in mind that you could always go an extra notch when cooking, you do not have to certainly follow all the steps but, do something different on your own. If you are a first time cooker then it is different I suggest, you luckily pick the perfect recipe and follow as said.

Sometimes people try to get with the easy way out by going with the semi cooking method when making their dish or using ready made cooking. Now, those do not always come out right and in my case, I hate cooking like that because I do not feel fully accomplished. I feel I am not being fair to my task. I know, I know, I am pretty serious about my chef skills. Thus, what happens when you cook semi cooking is that it does not come as tasty as it would if you cooked from scratch. All my recipes are made from scratch whether they are cookies, cake, main courses or appetizers.

Another thing you could do is when cooking do everything on your own with no helping hands. I enjoy cooking when I chop onions and vegetables on my own, when I do every little steps and processes just on my own. Keep in mind that you do not always remember each of the recipe and how it goes so , don't be lazy to write them down. Sometimes, people try to cook exactly as they were told which is a good thing as well as may turn out to be a negative thing. For instance, when cooking desserts, if you are told to bake for 30 minutes and you feel your cake is not baked yet, cook for another five minutes.Another example would be mixing butter in to your flour when making cookies. Sometimes the book tells you to mix one cup of butter in 1 and 1\2 cups flour. Now, when making cookies the amount of butter you put is a real important part Because if you put too less it will come out hard and if you put too much then it will break and just be crumby. So, pour the butter little at a time and just when you feel you have put the perfect amount, start mixing. So, when cooking, sometimes the recipes may be wrong or sometimes you just have to use your ideas rather than following recipes precisely from the book.

I could go on and on about cooking but this is not a book I m writing but a short article that I attempted to make short but failed. So, I would like to tell everyone that try cooking at home. Sometimes it gets you out of boredom, you learn for future benefits, and you could always make it fun and creative, especially, in the baking field. Use little ingredients of your own , put what you like more in your food, turn your favorite music on when cooking and you will definitely be a good chef. So, go ahead, chop the onions, mix the ingredients, stir the recipes, and make your heart sway with the rhythm of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment