Saturday, February 05, 2011

A mother's job

Everyone loves their mother the same and they all carry a cute mother-daughter relationship. However, some of us fail to understand and relate from her point of view. Mothers are always so caring and loving. They do anything to come forward to help out with the family by working outside and inside. The woman of the house have responsibilities that are tougher than men. Not that i have experienced motherhood but i have realized one thing is that the job of a mother is not a easy thing. A girl would never realize what a mother goes through until she becomes one. I don't realize everything either but i do realize that what a mother does for her family is so unbelievably amazing.

Now, you must be wondering why am I blabbering on about this since we all love our mother and know what she does for the family. However, its not as easy to understand as said. I am talking from experience since i was kept in her shoes for a week and handled the household but kept failing. Its a tough job and I must say at the end of the day, I was like a crazy lunatic not aware of my surroundings just wanting a place to lay my head on and sleep.

It was 22nd November at 6 am in the morning when my mom got sick and had a minor stroke and everyone hurried her to the emergency hospital. I was so worried, I kept praying for her and that's all I could do at that time. She was in the hospital for a night. Next morning, came back with yucky medicines and some tests done. The doctor said she has cholesterol, kidney infection, and thyroid , along with symptoms of stroke. Now, how old can she be? She is 46 or 47 and she has all these health problems she has to deal with. I feel guilty for not ever taking half of her responsibilities on my shoulder. I was guilty that I did not care enough to feed her healthy food and take care of her in a daily basis. May be if I cared enough to look after her, She would be healthy today and stress free. All these may be, would be, should be was driving me insane. Then i decided to just concentrate on my mother and take care of her with every little effort I could put to make her better and happy.

The day i woke up while she was at the hospital,I had to cook for her and others while my little cousins were driving me insane. They are not like other normal kids, these kids would chew your brains and swallow it. I had to give them food along with prepare everything. When she came home, I had to make sure she is eating right, drinking lots of water, her menu is being followed as given. I had to take care of everyday laundry, cleaning the house, including taking care of my dad, brother and grandmother at home. This was all too much for me to handle that I wanted to run away somewhere far. These tasks of mine were only for few days but, can you imagine a person going through that tough job for years and years? On top we the children put so much stress on her, and do not always value what she does for us. We fail to realize the real weak mother behind the strong one who pretends everything is fine by keeping a smile on her face.

A mom will work hard day and night, listen to family members tantrums, fight,deal with everyday family issues. Yet, she will smile and pretend to be okay just for the family's sake. We often fail to see that and move on with our lives and get busy. Thus, I must advice that you give enough importance to your mother and value her work. Because she does not and will not always say what she wants, sometimes you just got to give it to her. She is not a working machine, she is the reason, you are who u are and how the family stay so intact.

So,Here's the end of this blog with the thoughts of today:
Next time you hesitate to help your mother or back away from taking some of her responsibilities, think twice! Lessen her burden, comfort her and do not always think she is fine like i did. Don't let your mother fall sick and be there for her just like she is there for you at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment