Sunday, January 30, 2011

Prayers

A person may find himself constantly fighting with his\her misery and finding no way out to get out of it. Some take support of exercises or yoga to find peace within their heart. Others may think of making an appointment to consult with a psychologist. Some may go and express their feelings to their loved ones to feel better or get the burden of their chest. To me exercises, yoga, gym, psychologist all mean nothing to me when it comes to consoling my heart. I believe you can find peace easily if your mind agrees to take the positives out of a situation. You can be your own yogi, or psychologist if you want to.

We often go to the yoga classes and feel this is a way to get rid of any kind of restless or anxiety feelings. However, if one isn't paying attention or does not want the yoga to be effective then it will not effect them. You can easily go do yoga but at the end of the day it is all up to you how to make your yoga session effective. We often do one thing because it is said to be the thing to do. But, we forget that nothing is effective unless your mind and heart agrees to it. Now, i am not saying that one shouldn't do yoga, exercises, and have sessions with a psychologist. Those things could be very effective depending on an individual. I am definitely for it, but i find consolation through a different source.

Everyone goes through the phase of being reserved to hyper then to a calmer stage and finally to a little mature stage. Everyone has immaturity in them and we learn different things everyday which increases our maturity level. Now, I haven't lived or living a princess life though my parents try their best to give me what i need. Yet, i find myself in situations which causes me to feel anxiety or depressed. I do not blame anyone else but myself nor do i want to regret it. Because everything happens for a good reason and we learn from situations whether it is good or bad.
So, when i feel alone, helpless, hopeless, negativity, anxiety, depression or any sort of misery, i do not seek support of anything but prayers to our almighty Allah. I am talking from my own experience that i have acknowledged throughout the past years. A year or two ago, i was very anxious and feeling sad every now and then over a personal situation. I was not that wise to know what to do in a situation of sadness to make myself feel better. I joined yoga with two of my friends and i realized early morning yoga and all these breathing exercises did not really make a difference to my situation. Whether i had full concentration on my yoga sessions or no matter how much effort i put in my exercises. It did not do any help and my mind was getting filled with negativity and helplessness.

After yoga was over i decided to work out a bit. I came to the realization that those do no help because i don't let them to be effective to my mental or physical health. My mind was constantly getting distracted over other matters of life. Finally, i decided to turn to Allah with my situation and realized if Allah wants i can get out of a bad situation and if i believe and have faith in Allah i will overcome any situations. I did a lot of prayers with some extra ones along with reading the Holy Quran.Later, i started feeling better and very positive. Prayers have such great power and strength, it could make anyone feel peaceful if one prays faithfully.

Therefore, if one wants yoga exercises and a psychologist to effect their mental health, then it is definitely a positive idea for them. In my case, none of these worked for me because i didn't let them. But i let prayers effect me because I had full faith in my prayers and on Allah. Since, then i try my best not to miss my prayers. Though, in the past i didn't miss, but sometimes one may go astray. It is in human nature. So, if you want your anxiety and helplessness to be cured, go for what effects you and what u let to be effective. It could be yoga for you or it could be prayers. No situation is helpless and everything is not full of negativity, one just got to open their eyes to the brighter side of everything and think positive as it may overcome the negativity. So, when you feel down again think twice before you let misery take over you. The life you have been gifted with is so precious and be thankful for it everyday. The life you live is all due to Allah and the situations you are in could be so minor compare to others who are going through worse and wishing they could be in your shoe.

So here's the ending of this blog with the thoughts of today:
Allah knows what best for us. So, why should we complain? We always want a sunshine, but Allah knows there must be rain we always want a laughter and a moment of cheer, but our heart will lose it's tenderness if we never shed a tear

Thank Allah everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment